Ronald Reagan: An American Life (p. 162):
"One of the first things I told the members of my cabinet was that when I had a decision to make, I wanted to hear all sides of the issue, but there was one thing I didn’t want to hear: the political ramifications of my choices. The minute you begin saying, 'This is good or bad politically,' I said, 'you start compromising principle. The only consideration I want to hear is whether it is good or bad for the people.'"

Friday, July 13, 2012

Whose Job Is It?


Ever get frustrated with your friends who gripe about constitutionality when the health care system is a mess? It’s almost like people standing around, watching a house burn and arguing about who should get the hose.

But in this case, it does matter who does it. Our founding fathers divided the power between the federal and state governments to safeguard our freedom. Putting all the power in the hands of a few is very dangerous.

How do we know whose job it is to address health care? The answers are all found in a ten-page document – our Constitution. Have you read it lately?

I read Article I last night. I was pleasantly surprised that it is much easier to understand than modern legalese. I promise I won’t post here again until I finish reading the Constitution. Will you take the challenge, too?

No comments:

Post a Comment